Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

August 23, 2011

ahh, the satisfaction of a job well done...

I just cleaned my kitchen...CLEAN! I got Miss Ada down for a nap and scrubbbbed! My sinks are shiny, my stove is as clean as it gets now and the dishwasher is running. There is a sweet feeling that comes with being able to step back and look at a clean kitchen.

Now, here I sit. I must say that getting away from chores and babies to sit down with my thoughts has been a great blessing!

I am spending much of today praying through my thoughts, as I should every moment of every day! But today I am pondering staying where we are currently living or moving closer to my parents to help them with their horse ministry. We live only about an hour from them now, but have the opportunity to move to a farm closer to them where we could actually be the location for the ministry. My quandry: as we wait to hear about job opportunities for Tom in that area, our current pastor emailed us to ask how we felt about jumping on board with our local church here and becoming Core Team Members. What an honor it would be to serve with these men and women! Is God calling us to stay? To plant our flag here and run alongside these brothers and sisters?

If you have heard a word from God in our behalf....LET ME KNOW! I am terrible at waiting. Also, I am not so great at sitting and hearing from the Lord. I am a "I need this and this and this....." sort of pray-er too often. So, pray that I will change in that. Also, again, if God chooses to tell YOU what is right for us, just let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment