Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

August 24, 2011

"in summer, the song sings itself" -william carlos williams

I have always loved the warm summer breezes and the ease of not bundling up to go outside! Today is a beautiful, though blustery, Wednesday. I sure wish my darling husband didn't work out of town all week...tonight would be grand for sharing a glass of wine in the back yard and talking about nothing and everything.

Yesterday, a sweet girlfriend of mine from church came over to visit. She is now four days away from her due date for her first baby! As a one time mom myself (H is my step-son) I thought about what, if any, wisdom I could pass on. I told her that since I had only done things one time, I still felt like I had no clue how everything happened and that it would take a few more times for me to actually feel like I had the hang of things and could give good advice!

Ada, my baby girl, is an angel. Although I had a nasty hard pregnancy, my labor was short and sweet! I wrote a few time in a baby journal for her and I thought I would include some of those entries here for you all to read, so here it goes!

December 20, 2010

'God is the divine quilter. How lovingly he gathers up the scraps and remnants and leftovers of my experiences, my brokenness, and my joy. With the skillful needlework of grace, he stitches it all together to make a wonderful whole [YOU].' -Lucinda Secrest McDowell

To my dear, sweet Adalia,
I love you with a love beyond description. You're expected to arrive in about two months and I can't hardly wait. I have so much I want to do with you, share with you and tell you! I am already filled with joy when I think of your first laugh, your first smile, the first time you speak or dance or sing...I also already am heartbroken thinking about your first tear, our first arguement, your first scratch and bruise. But I am joyously full of confidence in the promises of the Lord- that He will be gracious and merciful, that he will always be with you, and that he has a good plan for your life. My constant prayer is that you will love God and follow His good and perfect will. I will not always be patient or kind, and I will never be perfect, but God, your Heavenly Father, is without fault, unconditionally in love with you, and your constant companion. Rest in Him and find peace in his promises. I will love you forever, sweet child.
Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment