1. Who do I appreciate? My husband, my kiddos, my parents, my Savior, and my sisters (and brothers too, don't feel left out).
2. What material possessions am I thankful for? Our house, the money to do projects on our house, my sweater collection, and my toothbrush.
3. What abilities do I have that I'm grateful for? I am grateful for the ability to drive. I get my "mommy time" when I can drive off and run some errands. I am grateful that I can sing, because during these away times, I BLAST some tunes and sing as loud as I can!
4. What about my surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) am I thankful for? Our fabulous friends, Gabe and Kari, just moved in like five blocks away! I just wish we weren't moving away now...horrible timing.
5. What experiences have I had that I am grateful for? All of my life experiences led me to where I am now. I have met the man of my dreams, only because of all the roads that I took before that led me to him. I have two lovely children, and they are experiences of their own! I am thankful for my time in basic training and tech school where I really learned a lot about myself. I am thankful for the people I have met through all these experiences, because people really make life one big, beautiful experience.
6. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that I am grateful for? I am grateful that Tom is starting a job in a few days that is so in line with what his life dreams are. It makes my heart happy to see that his dreams are something that we can make happen!
7. What opportunities do I have that I am thankful for? I am so very thankful for the opportunity I have each day to shape and mold my children to be little Christ-like kiddos. I am also super thankful for the opportunity to share my thoughts via blog!
8. What have others in my life done that I am thankful for? I am thankful for my parents opening their home to us in this time of transition. I am thankful for the women in my life who have spoken truth to me, even when I was not listening. I am forever thankful for the patience that my husband gives me every day.
9. What relationships am I thankful for? I am thankful for SO many relationships, but mainly right now, what comes to mind, is my relationship with my husband, my mom, and my sisters/soul sisters.
10. What am I taking for granted that, if I stop to think about it, I am grateful for? Our furnace, my pillow, our shower.
11. What is there about the challenges/difficulties I have experienced (or am currently experiencing) that I can be thankful for? (e.g., What have I learned? How have I grown?) Raising kids is ... CHALLENGING. But I am so thankful, because it is forcing me to grow up. I have realized that I have some beliefs that I don't follow through on because I lack the discipline to carry them out, but having kids that will be always looking to me as an example forces me to be the person I want to be, the person I was created to be!
12. What is different today than it was a year ago that I'm thankful for? I am married! And significantly less round in the uteran region :) HAHAHA. (But super excited to get pregnant again!)
13. What insights have I gained that I am grateful for? I have gained so much insight about relationships. About how to treat others. About how to truly love. About how to mean it when I ask for forgiveness and about how many people I owe apologies to. About sacrifice. About what is not ok to sacrifice. About patience. About baking. About HUMILITY. About mother/wifehood.