(Title quote from the movie 'Horton Hears A Who')
So, my hubby and I were watching this movie as he fed Adalia a bottle this morning and it got me thinking about what MY perfect world would be. So, here it is, in no particular order...my perfect world. (Just a few ideas, not all inclusive!)
1. There would be no sin. Especially generational sin, and I could rest easier not having to constantly fret and pray over Hunter and Adalia repeating the same mistakes that I have.
2. I would have much more patience and MUCH less laziness! Sometimes I know that I need to get my booty in gear and I just refuse to get motivated and do my work!
3. Tom and I would have met ten years ago, dated forever, and then had Hunter and Adalia together. (I know that God works in all things, though, and He has created a beautiful family for us, despite our sins.)
4. There would be no poverty, hunger, or disease. (DUH!)
5. Wealth and resources would be evenly spread throughout the world, rather than having extreme pockets of greed-driven wealthy folk and hopelessly impoverished folk. It breaks my heart that there are people starving and cold all over the world, yet we have entertainers who make more money than they know what to do with. And we have soldiers with huge amounts of debt, just trying to provide for their families while they also sacrifice their lives, while our fat politicians sit by and cut soldiers pay so that they guarantee the budget makes room for their comfortable lives. And we have our teachers making small salaries as they teach our future leaders, while unions provide extra pay and long-term jobs for people who (not in all cases, but sometimes) don't work hard enough to deserve those benefits.
6. Each day, Tom and I would communicate perfectly, serving one another, being patient with one another, and making time to love one another (in a man and wife sorta way ;) haha).
7. Eating breads and treats would not affect my waist-line :)
What would your perfect world be like?