Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

September 09, 2011

"may the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you"

(Title quote Psalm 19:14)

When I was younger, my parents would often play a CD that had scripture memory verses on them and this was one of them.

This verse echoes what I want my day to be filled with as a wife and a mom. Too often the words of my mouth are nagging or said in frustration. They are filled with worldy needs and selfishness. The meditations of my heart are not often ones that would be pleasing to the Lord. And in fact, they aren't even pleasing to me. My heart settles on things that I wish to push to other side of the world. My heart settles on problems and people from LONG ago, that I want nothing to do with.

Today, and hopefully from this day forward, I will pray against this negativity. I will focus my words and my heart on things glorifying to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment