Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

September 08, 2011

"our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy"

(Title quote by unknown author.)

So, our evening routine consists of bath time for both bonzos, followed by a bottle for Adalia and a cup of milk for Hunter while we wind down for bed by watching about ten or fifteen minutes of a movie.

This is my chance. Tom takes the kids and heads to the basement family room. I get to lock the doors, close the blinds, clear the table, put leftovers away, get a midnight bottle all set up on the counter, gather up the kids clothes and toys strewn across the living room, shut off all the overhead lights, and turn on the little light above the stove.

I don't know why, but this is soothing for me. Maybe it's tying up loose ends. Closing off the day. Calling it a night. Picking up the clutter. Letting go of all the chaos and worry of the day and saying "No more till tomorrow...".

Anyway, now Tom is reading news articles while I blog. We are both sipping some wine and just having some much needed  s l o w  time.

This is me, ready for bed and loving my evening routine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment