Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

September 14, 2011

"it takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home"

(Title quote by unknown author)

I drove by a very cool house today that was abandoned and is going up for auction.

SO, I wanna buy it. Great potential. Red house, red barn, ten acres.


GREAT barn, right? Can't you just see little cloth diapered babies running around chasing chickens. And a great big dog slobbering under one of those great old trees.

I am like shivering in excitement...no, wait! I am shivering cause it's cold outside! Yay for fall! My favorite season, my long lost friend. Time to dig out the sweaters and boots and cute fall scarves! Ahhh, the air smells crisp, the apples will taste perfect, the fireplace will be, once again, burning away!

Time to drink wassail and bundle up. Time to snuggle under the covers. Time to ... buy a farm!!! :)

Real quick:

My Wassail Recipe

1.Get a mug.
2. Fill it half up with apple juice.
3. Fill it half up with orange juice.
4. Sprinkle top with cinnamon to taste.
5. Microwave till PIPING hot!

Enjoy! (And a note, this drink is best, absolutely best, in a travel mug while hiking around with your hubby, while also wearing a great sweater...when the trees are just changing colors!)

No comments:

Post a Comment