Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

September 10, 2011

"when you come to end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"

(Title quote by Franklin D Roosevelt)

I came close to giving up on something today. It is something that I have a heart for, it is something that I believe in, something I am an integral part of.

But I got fed up.

With some circumstances, some dishonesty, some hurts.

Then, I realized that as much as I was wronged...I had to stick with it. I had to let go of my side of it, my hang ups, my entitlement.

Sometimes, giving up, even when you think its right...isn't. And you have to hold on just longer than you think you can to see things changing.

Sometimes, (see picture below) you have to smirk through gritted teeth and look past all that you feel.




Tomorrow, I am going to share a life story. ALL of my thousands of dedicated readers :) You can sleep with THAT for a cliff-hanger! Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment