Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

October 04, 2011

"and even when it breaks, my heart will beat for you"

(Title quote by Elenowen from song "Honey Come Home")

My heart is dead tired. This month has, thus far, been horribly sad and stressful.

Life sure has its choices

You left those choices to me
And I'm glad
But sometimes I feel caught
It's hard to know which bridge to cross
And which bridge I should be burning
I long to learn
But I'm so slow at being taught

-Russ Taff, "Farther On"

Just to clue you all in, we have moved into my parents house as we transition from Moorhead to Grand Forks. Adalia hasn't been handling the transition with much grace...or sleep. In just the past few weeks we have had an unceasing downpour of challenges.
  • Our horses were badly beat up by two aggresive horses that were moved into their herd. So, we moved them to a new location and they are safely healing.
  • My parents are facing a tough change as well, a change that will be for the best, but some tough feelings are still rising up in my heart over the issue.
  • 'Jeej' has made some awful choices lately, and now is facing some serious consequences.

My heart is heavy with all of this. It feels like the world is falling apart, but hasn't slowed.

I know, in the midst of all of this, that God has a plan. And the Bible tells me that His plan is for my good. Therefore, my heart still beats for Him. I just so desire for this time to pass and all the lessons to be learned.
I don't have much else to say, because I just feel like complaining and feeling sorry for myself. So, rather than doing that, I will just sign off and go eat some breakfast.
Adios, compadres.

No comments:

Post a Comment