October 29, 2011
a dangerous thing to skip...
These prayers correspond with the day of the month, so you have a different topic every day for each month! Prayer is the one of the only ways, as a parent, that we can truly protect our children and their character!
Click here for a pretty print out of these prayers!
31 Days of Prayer for Your Child
1. Salvation “Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory” (Isaiah 45:8, 2 Timothy 2:10).
2. Growth in Grace “I pray that they may ‘grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’” (2 Peter 3:18).
3. Love “Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to ‘live a life of love,’ through the Spirit who dwells in them” (Ephesians 5:2, Galatians 5:22).
4. Honesty and Integrity "May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection” (Psalm 25:21, NLT).
5. Self-control "Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be ‘alert and self-controlled’ in all they do” (1 Thessalonians 5:6)
6. A Love for God’s Word "May my children grow to find your Word ‘more precious than gold, than much pure gold; [and] sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb’” (Psalm 19:10).
7. Justice "God, help my children to love justice as you do and to ‘act justly’ in all they do” (Psalm 11:7, Micah 6:8).
8. Mercy ”May my children always ‘be merciful, as [their] Father is merciful’” (Luke 6:36).
9. Respect (for self, others, authority) "Father, grant that my children may ’show proper respect to everyone,’ as your Word commands” (1 Peter 2:17a).
10. Strong, Biblical Self-Esteem ”Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are ‘God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus’” (Ephesians 2:10).
11. Faithfulness “‘Let love and faithfulness never leave [my children],’ but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts” (Proverbs 3:3).
12. Courage “May my children always ‘Be strong and courageous’ in their character and in their actions” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
13. Purity “‘Create in [them] a pure heart, O God,’ and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions” (Psalm 51:10).
14. Kindness “Lord, may my children ‘always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else’” (1 Thessalonians 5:15).
15. Generosity “Grant that my children may ‘be generous and willing to share [and so] lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age’” (1 Timothy 6:18-19).
16. Peace, Peaceability “Father, let my children ‘make every effort to do what leads to peace’” (Romans 14:19).
17. Joy ”May my children be filled ‘with the joy given by the Holy Spirit’” (1 Thessalonians 1:6).
18. Perseverance ”Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to ‘run with perseverance the race marked out for [them]‘” (Hebrews 12:1).
19. Humility ”God, please cultivate in my children the ability to ’show true humility toward all’” (Titus 3:2).
20. Compassion ”Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion” (Colossians 3:12).
21. Responsibility ”Grant that my children may learn responsibility, ‘for each one should carry his own load’” (Galatians 6:5).
22. Contentment ”Father, teach my children ‘the secret of being content in any and every situation. . . . through him who gives [them] strength’” (Philippians 4:12-13).
23. Faith "I pray that faith will find root and grow in my children’s hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them” (Luke 17:5-6, Hebrews 11:1-40).
24. A Servants Heart "God, please help my children develop servant hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly, ‘as to the Lord, and not to men’” (Ephesians 6:7, KJV).
25. Hope "May the God of hope grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).
26. The Willingness and Ability to Work Hard ”Teach my children, Lord, to value work and to work hard at everything they do, ‘as working for the Lord, not for men’” (Colossians 3:23).
27. A Passion for God ”Lord, please instill in my children a soul that “followeth hard after thee,” a heart that clings passionately to you (Psalm 63:8, KJV).
28. Self-discipline ”Father, I pray that my children may develop self-discipline, that they may acquire ‘a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair’” (Proverbs 1:3).
29. Prayerfulness "Grant, Lord, that my children’s lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to ‘pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests” (Ephesians 6:18).
30. Gratitude ”Help my children to live lives that are always ‘overflowing with thankfulness,’ ‘always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ’” (Colossians 2:7, Ephesians 5:20).
31. A Heart for Missions "Lord, please help my children to develop a heart for missions, a desire to see your glory declared among the nations, your marvelous deeds among all peoples” (Psalm 96:3).