Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

October 12, 2011

"we could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world"

(Title quote by Hellen Keller)

I won't complain. I will just say that I hope that God hears my prayers in which I ask to quickly learn whatever it is He is trying to teach me.


One thing that I know that God is trying to teach me is patience. And reliance. And to pray. And to let God be my rest. And to let God be God. And that I am not in control. And that I have only got to the tip of the iceberg on starting to understand who God is and why He is that way. And a hundred other things.

Do you ever feel like telling God, "Hey God, I am a bit worn thin. Let's pick one thing and work on that for a while. I know I have a lot to work on. I am just going to be a long, tedious project."

That is totally my prayer today!

But, despite all, God is good. I can be thankful. I can have joy. And I can share about that.

So, tomorrow. A whole post on JOY and THANKSGIVING!

And thanks to THIS LADY for the idea of a nice cup of hot cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment