Proverbs 16:24

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

October 14, 2011

hot cocoa and my favorite book

Calm, quiet house.

My hubby and babies are napping.
I took a hot shower and now am here with my thoughts.

This morning, while the kids were playing and Tom was showering, I opened up my Bible and was pleased to read a verse that I never before had read so clearly.

"Romans 5:1-2 - Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith,
we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place
of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and
joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory."

What great promises. Our faith has brought us to a place of peace where we can be confident and joyful. To me, this verse is both a promise and a command. I desperately want to follow the commands of my King. The Lord has been pressing on my heart...just simply, to have a heart for Him.

So, thanks God, for reminding me. You are number one. My heart is Yours, and for You.



And, 'tis the season:

HOT COCOA

(all measurements based on the size of your mug)

3/4 mug of milk
1/4 mug of 'La Creme' Original Creamer
3 Hershey's Kisses
Hot cocoa powder (add to taste)

Heat in pan on medium heat, stirring often, till pipin' hot, pour into mug, top with whipped cream or marshmellows, add some peppermint Schapp's or Bailey's if you wanna really warm up, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment